Giving is the greatest gift of all…
Just a few years ago, Rohana Special School wasn’t such a special place; teachers were untrained and facilities were dirty and poorly maintained.
Now, with the support of contributors and volunteers, our school is now a shining star for children with disabilities living in Sri Lanka.
Our accomplishments include:
- A brand-new girl’s dormitory building
- Renovations to the existing boys’ dormitory
- Clean, modern toilet facilities for everybody
- A library with more than a thousand books
- A computer lab
- Modern teaching materials such as whiteboards and display boards
- Running water at all times
- Renovations to the primary and special education classrooms
- Clothing and shoes for pupils
- Sign language classes for hostel staff
- A new Sri Lankan Sign Language dictionary
- Special training by experienced teachers of the deaf from the U.K.
- Larger classrooms to accommodate special needs
- Vocational training and job placements for graduates in collaboration with Ruhunu Sumaga Circle of the Deaf
Your support is still needed! We have a long way to go before Rohana Special School truly becomes the best special school in Sri Lanka.
Donations of all types–time, money, materials, love–are happily received. Please go to the Contact Us page to let us know what you have in mind.